Affordable Senior Housing
St. Joseph Apartments is an affordable housing senior apartment complex operated by Cardinal Ritter Senior Services (CRSS), an agency of Catholic Charities and the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
You may qualify for St. Joseph Apartments if you are age 62 or older and meet federal income requirements. Each apartment rents for 30 percent of the resident’s adjusted income. You may also qualify if you are younger than age 62 and need the features of an accessible apartment for hearing, vision or mobility. Call or complete the inquiry form on this page for further details.
St. Joseph Apartments is located on Watson Road near Laclede Station Road in Shrewsbury, on the Cardinal Carberry Campus. This complex features one-bedroom apartments and efficiencies, with 11 accessible for those with mobility, hearing or vision disabilities. All residents have access to services provided by CRSS, including social services and a regular program of health maintenance.
Monday through Friday at noon Aging Ahead offers a hot lunch in the activity room of the building.
- A resident check each morning
- Transportation to shopping, social events and other outings for a modest monthly fee
- A variety of social and recreational activities – both on-site and off-premises
- A multi-purpose room for activities and services
- Weekly Mass and other religious services held in the Chapel
- Conveniently located coin-operated laundry
- Beauty and barber shop
- Off-street parking
Service Coordinator Program
A Service Coordinator, a social services professional, is available weekly to help link residents to the supportive services they need to continue to live independently, which may include:
- Homemaker Services
- Personal Care Services
- Meals on Wheels
- Money Management
- Legal Services
- Social Security Benefits
- Financial Assistance
- Mental Health Services
- Long Term Care
- And Much More
As part of a CRSS program to help residents maintain their good health, a registered nurse visits the complex periodically for consultation.
Each apartment includes:
- Carpeting and draperies
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Individually-controlled heating and cooling
- Large bath with safety bars
- Emergency pull-cord system in bedroom and bathroom
- All utilities
- Telephone and cable TV for a small fee
All apartments are unfurnished so you may furnish them however you wish.
For more information, or to schedule a visit…
Please submit your information using the form below and a member of our staff will contact you. Thank you for your interest in
St. Joseph Apartments.