Young Friends of CRSS
The Young Friends of CRSS is a volunteer group organized in 2010 to increase awareness of the CRSS mission among young adults, enhance the CRSS volunteer base, build future leadership and create additional revenue through membership and fundraising events. They hope to attract young leaders who want to contribute and associate with others who have similar goals.
- Are you between the ages of 25 and 45? Are you looking for a way to give back to your community?
- Would you like the opportunity to network with other professionals your age?
The Young Friends of Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is just the opportunity for you.
Young Friends is a volunteer group dedicated to providing service and fundraising activities for Cardinal Ritter Senior Services (CRSS), assisting in promoting public awareness of the CRSS mission and improving the quality of life for senior adults in our community.
Goals of Young Friends of CRSS
- To increase awareness of the CRSS mission among young adults
- To enhance the volunteer base
- To build future leadership
- To create additional revenue through membership and fundraising events
Young professionals and community volunteers between the ages of 25 and 45
- A chance to give back to the community
- Networking opportunities with peers, other volunteers and CRSS board members
- Resume-building and leadership development opportunities
Activities and Events
Members of the Young Friends volunteer at CRSS facilities with senior adults, participate in fundraising special events and support other CRSS volunteer and development efforts. Members get together at quarterly meetings to plan their activities.
Events held recently include volunteer/service opportunities during two Happy Hour and Game Nights with senior adult residents at DuBourg House, a CRSS assisted living facility, and a peer-to-peer networking Happy Hour in an area restaurant. Several members also assisted in the CRSS Spring Raffle by selling tickets to their friends and family members.
Young Friends also help out at the annual CRSS Dinner and Auction, held every fall as a fundraiser for CRSS facilities. This is a great way to meet others interested in supporting Cardinal Ritter Senior Services.
For More Information
Call the CRSS Development Office at (314) 961-8000, ext 1347
Recent Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Posts
Mother of Perpetual [...]