Adult Day Program
For more information, to schedule a tour, or to apply please call:
7663 Watson Road
Shrewsbury, MO 63119
The Adult Day Program assists families who are caring for senior adults who cannot be left alone during the day, but who do not yet need 24-hour nursing home care. Often, adults who are living at home with younger relatives need care during the daytime hours when their caregivers are working. Those caregivers may just need a break, or respite, from constant supervision and caring for senior adults or adults with development difficulties.
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services recognizes the needs of those families with its Adult Day Program located in Shrewsbury, Missouri.
View our 360 Virtual tour of the Adult Day Program at Cardinal Ritter.
CRSS Adult Day Program provides professional, compassionate services for adults in a community-based group setting. The program benefits adults who are socially impaired or isolated, physically impaired, mentally confused or limited in their ability to function independently and who may need help with personal care.
Adult Day Program goals include:
- Maintaining or improving functional levels
- Providing stimulation and motivation
- Enhancing self image
- Building community
- Preventing premature nursing home placement
- Providing a respite for caregivers
Adult Day Program Services offered:
- Personal care assistance
- Health care monitoring
- Meals and snacks
- Socialization and supervised activities
- Recreation – exercising, dancing, Wii games, practicing Tai Chi movements
- A caring, supportive environment
- Transportation to and from the Shrewsbury center
- A monthly support group for caregivers
The CRSS Adult Day Program is:
- Licensed by the state of Missouri
- A member of Leading Age Missouri
- A Medicaid provider
- A member of the Missouri Adult Day Services Association
- A member of the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Association
- A Veterans Administration provider
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children
Read Blog: What To Do While You Are Waiting?
Written by: Cheryl Woodruff, Director – Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Adult Day Program
DETERMINING YOUR NEEDS?
Determining the medical and social needs of your loved one can be a difficult and confusing process. The questions below can help guide your decision-making when determining if adult day services would best serve your loved one. If your response to one or several of these questions is YES, you may find that both you and the person you are caring for would benefit from an Adult Day Program.
The person you provide care for:
- Is your loved one left unattended
or alone when you have to run
errands or do routine chores?
- Does the person have a low interest
in other family members?
- Do you feel that he/she would
benefit by more social activity during
You, the caregiver;
- Has your relationship with your
loved one become strained as care
requirements have increased?
- Are you spending a lot of time
providing routine care for the
person, such as cooking, dressing
and toileting, and find that you
have less time for talking or doing
activities with the person?
- Do you lack time and energy to take
care of your own needs?