Adult Day Program
The Adult Day Program assists families who are caring for senior adults who cannot be left alone during the day, but who do not yet need 24-hour nursing home care. Often, adults who are living at home with younger relatives need care during the daytime hours when their caregivers are working. Those caregivers may just need a break, or respite, from constant supervision and caring for senior adults or adults with development difficulties.
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services recognizes the needs of those families with its Adult Day Program located in Shrewsbury, Missouri.
CRSS Adult Day Program provides professional, compassionate services for adults in a community-based group setting. The program benefits adults who are socially impaired or isolated, physically impaired, mentally confused or limited in their ability to function independently and who may need help with personal care.
Program goals include:
- Maintaining or improving functional levels
- Providing stimulation and motivation
- Enhancing self image
- Building community
- Preventing premature nursing home placement
- Providing a respite for caregivers
- Personal care assistance
- Health care monitoring
- Meals and snacks
- Socialization and supervised activities
- Recreation – exercising, dancing, Wii games, practicing Tai Chi movements
- A caring, supportive environment
- Transportation to and from the Shrewsbury center
- A monthly support group for caregivers
The CRSS Adult Day Program is:
- Licensed by the state of Missouri
- A member of Leading Age Missouri
- A Medicaid provider
- A member of the Missouri Adult Day Services Association
- A member of the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Association
- A Veterans Administration provider
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children
For more information, call:
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Adult Day Program
7663 Watson Road
Shrewsbury, MO 63119
Read Blog: What To Do While You Are Waiting?
Written by: Cheryl Woodruff, Director – Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Adult Day Program