Adult Day Program
For more information, to schedule a tour, or to apply please call:
7663 Watson Road
Shrewsbury, MO 63119
The Adult Day Program assists families who are caring for senior adults who cannot be left alone during the day, but who do not yet need 24-hour nursing home care. Often, adults who are living at home with younger relatives need care during the daytime hours when their caregivers are working. Those caregivers may just need a break, or respite, from constant supervision and caring for senior adults or adults with development difficulties.
Cardinal Ritter Senior Services recognizes the needs of those families with its Adult Day Program located in Shrewsbury, Missouri.
View our 360 Virtual tour of the Adult Day Program at Cardinal Ritter.
CRSS Adult Day Program provides professional, compassionate services for adults in a community-based group setting. The program benefits adults who are socially impaired or isolated, physically impaired, mentally confused or limited in their ability to function independently and who may need help with personal care.
Adult Day Program goals include:
- Maintaining or improving functional levels
- Providing stimulation and motivation
- Enhancing self image
- Building community
- Preventing premature nursing home placement
- Providing a respite for caregivers
Adult Day Program Services offered:
- Personal care assistance
- Health care monitoring
- Meals and snacks
- Socialization and supervised activities
- Recreation – exercising, dancing, Wii games, practicing Tai Chi movements
- A caring, supportive environment
- Transportation to and from the Shrewsbury center
- A monthly support group for caregivers
The CRSS Adult Day Program is:
- Licensed by the state of Missouri
- A member of Leading Age Missouri
- A Medicaid provider
- A member of the Missouri Adult Day Services Association
- A member of the Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders Association
- A Veterans Administration provider
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children
Read Blog: What To Do While You Are Waiting?
Written by: Cheryl Woodruff, Director – Cardinal Ritter Senior Services Adult Day Program
Be our guest for a few hours to see if our Adult Day Program will be the perfect fit for you & your loved one! Call us today to schedule an extensive visit & experience our Adult Day Program first hand!
DETERMINING YOUR NEEDS?
Determining the medical and social needs of your loved one can be a difficult and confusing process. The questions below can help guide your decision-making when determining if adult day services would best serve your loved one. If your response to one or several of these questions is YES, you may find that both you and the person you are caring for would benefit from an Adult Day Program.
The person you provide care for:
- Does he/she sleep a lot throughout
the day, perhaps in front of the TV?
- Do you feel that he/she would
benefit by more social activity during
- Would you feel better if you knew
your loved one could have meals
and snacks, get appropriate
exercise, receive assistance and
supervision, and enjoy social
company during the day?
You, the caregiver;
- Do you need more time for
yourself , or to be with other family
members and friends?
- Are you also working part time, or
- Have you thought about a nursing
home, but feel guilty when you
have these thoughts?